Bodyflight is rapidly becoming a haven for thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies. If you are one of those looking for something challenging and a bit different, our ever expanding array of activities will allow you to push the limits and have an adventure.
The centre is a haven for those who want to experience something a little different.
As well as the amazing activities we have on offer. There are also some facilties to make your day complete.
Bar & Grill
Serving hot food & drinks and with a fully licensed bar.
Including swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Gym.
A range of rooms including single, double and team (four bed) rooms available 7 days a week.
There is a large amount of free parking located on the site.
The site is accessibile. For a full breakdown please see the accessability tab.
A greater level of information for all the facilities above, can be obtained from the tabs above.
If you are having a small break from the activities on site you can grab a snack, or if you're all finished why not sit down for a meal with the whole family, and with our kids menu there really is something for everyone.
Our fully licensed bar serves a wide range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and is the perfect place for a party or quiet drink.
Please note whilst the Bar & Grill does serve alcohol, no alcohol is to be consumed before taking part in any of the activities.
Check the specials board to see if there is something different for you to try every day.
View our menus by clicking on the links below:
*menus are subject to change and should be taken as examples of the food that may be available on any given day.
|Monday||09:00 - 18:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 - 20:00|
|Thursday||09:00 - 20:00|
|Friday||09:00 - 20:00|
|Saturday||09:00 - 22:00|
|Sunday||09:00 - 22:00|
*Private bookings welcome please contact us to discuss.
The Bodyflight Health Club is available for everyone to use. Whether you are staying on site in our accommodation, just visiting for the day, or if you live in the local area. The gym, swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and solarium are all available for use.
|Swim only pass||£5|
|Gym only pass||£5|
|Gym & Swim Day pass||£9|
|1 Month membership||£35|
|Annual Gym Membership||£350|
Uniquely, the Bodyflight leisure centre will not require users to sign up to an annual membership or pay a sign up fee, but instead offers pay as you go and monthly membership options.
The Gym (Opening times: 08:00 - 21:00)
The Bodyflight gym is available for use 7 days a week. It has a range of equipment including:
Cross trainers, Arc trainers, Rowing machines, Exercise bikes, Treadmills, Free weights, Exercise mats and fitness balls.
The Pool (Opening times: 08:30 - 20:45)
Come and relax in Bodyflight's new luxury hydrotherapy pool. The state of the art facility features a 16m swimming pool, complete with counter current swim jets which create a current that users can swim against. The pool also encompasses a spa complete with jacuzzi, bubble seats, sauna and steam room.
The pool and gymnasium are both open seven days a week. Users will need to supply their own swim wear. Towels are available to hire from reception for a small charge.
Swimming lessons take part in the pool Monday – Thursday afternoons and Monday – Wednesday mornings but only in small groups.
The pool is still open to the public and members during these times although it may be slightly busier.
Want to stay and play for a few days? We have a range of onsite accommodation that means you can relax and enjoy everything we have to offer at your own pace.
We offer single, twin, double and team rooms (2 bunk beds, sleeps 4 people ideal for a group of friends) which can be pre booked by contacting reception on 0845 200 2960.
Prices per night start from:
|Ensuite Double Room||£64|
|Team Room (4 single beds)||£79|
|Ensuite Team Room||£99|
All rooms Include free use of the Health Club and have a daily checkout time of 11am.
To make your accommodation booking please call 0845 200 2960. Please be awear that full payment must be made at the time of booking.
Bodyflight is an extreme sports centre. A number of activities are available on site including: Indoor skydiving, Indoor surfing, Vertigo a 35m Powerfan descender jump, simulated driving experience, climbing and health club. Which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and gym. Some of these activities will not be suitable for everyone. For example Powerfan descender jump requires participants to climb a series of ladders; whilst it is recommended that people with bad backs do not take part in the indoor skydiving; that said, where ever possible, we will try to accommodate all visitors and can make special arrangements if possible.
Before you Arrive
- Enquiries and bookings can be made through the website, by telephone or e-mail.
- There is currently no public transport available directly to the site.
- The distance to the village of Milton Ernest (And the nearest bus stop) is approximately 1 mile.
- Taxis can be ordered from reception and are available at a small discount to Bodyflight customers.
- There is wheel chair access on site with ramps and a lift as well as disabled toilet facilities.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- There is car parking available on site. This is free of charge and is right outside the main entrance at the rear of the building.
- The car park is tarmac and the path leading to the main entrance is paved and sloped with no kerb or steps.
- The path is not covered but is wide and free from obstruction with a hand rail on the slope to assist access.
- The path is well lit, as is the car park.
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
- The main entrance is situated at the rear of the building and is accessible from the car park.
- The main entrance leads directly into the porch area. This is a wide open area with room to manoeuvre a wheel chair.
- The porch leads into the main stair well and lift area where all visitors can then proceed to the appropriate floor for their activity. The doors are not automatic but can be left open.
- The reception desks are approximately 4 ft high, but the receptionist can walk around.
- A pen and pad is available on request.
- The reception area is well lit and there is no loud music playing.
- The opening times of reception are 08:00 to 19:00.
- The floor is level throughout the ground floor of the facility.
- Guide dogs are welcome on site but there is no provision for them. Owners are advised to bring their own water bowls etc.
- A lift is available from the ground floor to all facilities other than the gym. There is no disabled access to the gym.
- A disabled toilet and baby changing facilities are available on the ground floor.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors, etc
- The lift can comfortably carry up to 10 people at a time. The doors are manually operated. Children must be supervised when using the lift.
- The areas accessed by the lift are: Ground floor, 1st floor - indoor surfing, restaurant and bar. 2nd floor – RaceHouse, 3rd floor - indoor skydiving and outside terrace.
- The stairwell which also serves these floors is well lit and has handrails throughout.
- The floor on every level is either concrete or hardwood with no unevenness.
- Lighting throughout the building is adequate - natural light in the daytime supplemented by florescent lighting.
- All doors throughout the building are fire doors with the exception of number of glass doors. These are located at: The entrance to the hydrotherapy pool and changing areas, on the 3rd floor by the instructor’s reception area and on the 3rd floor leading out to the outside terrace.
- Baby changing facilities are available on the ground floor.
- Disabled toilets are available on every floor.
- Black and white directional signage is situated on every floor.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies, etc
- The 1st floor has the restaurant and bar as well as the indoor surfing attraction and climbing wall. There is a large seating area and all furniture is light and transportable, allowing easy access for wheel chairs.
- The counter where food and beverages can be ordered has a lowered section where wheelchair users can have easy access.
- Any disabled users wishing to try the indoor surfing attraction should contact a member of staff to discuss their options.
- The 3rd floor has a comfortable reception area with sofas and bean bags. A TV screen on the wall has a live feed to the flight chamber so customers can watch people flying in real time if they are unable to access the viewing gallery.
- The archway leading through to the flight chamber and viewing gallery is very narrow and many wheel chairs cannot fit through. Assistance can be given by a member of staff if required.
- The viewing gallery has large windows at standing height where spectators can watch. The gallery window sills are approximately 4.5 ft high. High stools are provided as seating.
- The outside terrace is also accessed from the 3rd floor. There are two steps leading out to the terrace, one in the doorway and the other on the wooden terrace itself.
- Cigarette stub bins are situated on the terrace.
- Disabled access toilets are situated on every floor of the building, these are unisex. A dedicated disabled toilet with baby changing facilities is also located on the ground floor.
- All disabled access toilets have red emergency pull cords fitted so that a member of staff can be summoned in an emergency. Reset buttons are also situated next to every pull cord.
- Support rails are situated in every disabled access toilet.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area, Take Away & Cafe
- Special dietary requirements (I.E. nut or gluten free) can be catered for if advance notice is given.
- A table service is available on request.
- Lighting is adequate throughout the building.
- A picnic area is also available outside at the front of the building. This is on the grassy area and as such the ground may be uneven.
- There is not a public laundry service available on site.
- The laundry facilities are for the sole use of the company to wash the accommodation bedding, wetsuits, flight suits and towels.
- Where possible hypoallergenic washing powder is used.
- There are two retails areas on the site.
- The first is situated on the 1st floor and sells clothing and surfing equipment. This shop area is well lit and assistance is available if required.
- The second is on the 3rd floor and sells clothing, souvenirs and skydiving equipment. This is also well lit and assistance is available if required.
- Not available
- The leisure centre consist of the gymnasium and the hydrotherapy pool. Please note - both these areas are unsupervised and are used entirely at the users own risk.
- The gymnasium does not have any disabled access facilities and is accessed by a stairwell only.
- The hydrotherapy pool does not have a lift or specialist disabled access.
- Any disabled persons wishing to use the pool are welcome to do so however it is advised they are accompanied by a carer as the pool is an unsupervised.
- The changing rooms have floor level showers with not steps which are wide enough for a wheel chair to access.
- A disabled toilet with baby changing facilities is also available.
- At the front of the building there is a picnic area on the grass. The picnic tables provided are wooden benches.Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting
- There is no longer a private room available to hire for meetings.Clubs & Entertainment
- The restaurant and bar area has a music license and can host party’s with music on request.
- The area has level hard flooring with no steps or barriers.
- There is a disabled toilet on the same floor.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- There are a number of rooms on site ranging from single and double rooms to four bed team rooms.
- Some of the rooms are en-suite those that are not share bathroom facilitates.
- Some of the rooms are large enough to accommodate wheel chair users. Please ask a member of staff.
- None of the rooms have hand rails or emergency pull cords in.
- The shower facilities in the accommodation corridor are unsuitable for wheel chair users. However the shower facilities in the changing rooms for the leisure centre are only a short distance away from the accommodation on the same floor.
- Tours of the facilities may be available before booking - please contact a member of staff to arrange this.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
- The bathroom facilitates in the accommodation are not suitable for wheel chair users as there is not adequate space to manoeuvre.
- The bathroom and shower facilities in the leisure centre are only a short distance away and are on the same floor.
- None available
Caravans, Holiday Homes & Twin Units
- None available
Touring Facilities (Holiday Parks)
- None available
Boats - Narrow Boat, Cruiser & Hotel Boat
- None available
Attractions (Displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
- The opening times for all attractions are varied please refer to each attractions page to gain specifc details.
- If in any doubt about suitability to take part in any of the activities available on site customers should contact a member of staff to discuss requirements.
- Some health and height restrictions apply to the various activities on site. please refer to the website: www.bodyflight.co.uk or check with a member of staff.
- The minimum age for participants is 5 years old.
- It is advised that people with back problems, history of dislocated shoulders or recent injuries should not fly.
- We have in the past flown people with a number of disabilities including: paraplegics, wheel chair users, blindness, deafness, mental disabilities etc. Please contact a member of Bodyflight staff to discuss your requirements.
- The archway leading though to both the flight chamber a viewing gallery is very narrow and as such most wheel chairs will not fit through. If wheel chair users are able to walk a short distance or do not object to being carried a short distance then they are still able to fly.
- The minimum age for participants is 5 years old. The minimum height for Bodybaording is 107cm or 42 inches. The minimum height for Flowbaording is 137 cm or 52 inches.
- Users must be able to stand unassisted and must be comfortable around fast moving shallow water. Vertigo - Powerfan descender jump
- Users must be able to climb a series of ladders. It is advised that users with back or shoulder problems do not take part.It is strongly advised that customer who believe they are not able to take part contact us to talk to a member of staff to discuss their requirements as provisions can be made in some circumstances.
- The minimum age for participants is 5 years old. The minimum height is 107cm or 42 inches.
- Users should not have back problems or suffer from Epilepsy or any other condition that might be affected by flashing lights.
Grounds and Gardens
- None available
- In the event of a fire the staff will supervise evacuation of the facility.
- Fire alarms are audio only.
- There is always a first aid trained staff member of site during opening hours.
- Guide dogs are welcome on site but must be looked after by their owners at all times.
- Children are also welcome on site but must be accompanied by an adult.
- The wind tunnel is noisy and therefore there is always some background noise of varying degrees around the building.
36 Twinwoods Business Park, Thurleigh Rd, Milton Ernest, Bedfordshire, MK441FD
Access to the site is via the entrance on Thurleigh road only.
Telephone: 0845 200 2960Minicom: None available
Closed: Christmas day and New year’s day.
Emergency number: 0845 200 2960
Local carers: None available
Local equipment hire companies: None available
Local public transport numbers: Unknown
Local accessible taxi numbers: 01234 364 444
- None currently
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 08452002960 or email email@example.com